Short

Who'd believe a diva happy to relieve a chorus girl who's gone and slept with the patron?
Raoul and the soubrette, entwined in love's duet!
Although he may demur, he must have been with her!
You'd never get away with all this in a play,
but if it's loudly sung and in a foreign tongue
It's just the sort of story audiences adore, in fact a perfect opera!

- From "Notes/Prima Donna" in "The Phantom of the Opera"

That's been stuck in my head since roughly lunch yesterday. Just that section, over and over and over.

The weekend is upon us at last ... Whee! Weekends have become my retreat, my sabbaticals, as they should be. While things haven't been stressful this week, they've been oddly hectic -- unexpectedly so -- and now I'm ready to sleep in a little and cook whatever I feel like eating at any given time. And finding places to store my beautiful new Taste of Home dishes.

Okay, so maybe weekends only get to be half-sabbatical, but then again life goes on and things must be done. And I'll take half over none.

First though, to finish the Friday ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review