The Search Ends, Snow, Cookies -- And Leftovers

Here it is.

I know it doesn't look like much, but it turns out that this little leather notebook was exactly what I wanted. This was one of my better finds while shopping this weekend ... I took care of a few Christmas presents, got a new pair of shoes (not just any shoes, but The Shoes I Was Looking For -- tell me there's at least one of you out there who understands my current joy!), and I found this.

I also went grocery shopping for the 82nd time so that I could eat breakfast this week. At some point I decided that, as much as I love leftover turkey, two meals a day is enough.

It snowed today as well and I was psyched. I say "was" because now I'm cowering in front of my computer instead of pulling on my boots to go shovel the sidewalk under the guise of "it might not be done yet." Don't get me wrong; I love snow. But right now I'm warm and cozy and -- I admit it -- wearing pajamas. My jeans got soaked up to the knee just by walking back to my car in the Target parking lot and I had to change the second I got home. Bleh.

In the meantime, I'm also dealing with having a clean kitchen. I finally got it back to its former glory (pre-Thanksgiving glory, that is) and I'm stalling by writing this post instead of baking cookies. No doubt by the time I go to bed everything in there will be covered in a fine cocoa-and-powdered-sugar dust. Including me, for that matter.

The bottom line is that this has been a gloriously relaxing weekend. My apartment is mostly clean, my decorations are up, and I have Ella singing Christmas songs in the background. Can you blame me if I'm having a rough time getting going again? I just can't force the urgency that I felt last week. It's not there. And I'm okay with that.

I think it's time I rediscover Minesweeper or something. I need a lazing aid ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review