Prep Time

It's been overcast and cold all day today. Not overly cold -- probably in the thirties -- but cold enough that my not terribly well-adjusted body thinks it's very cold.

It's been a good day to stay inside and read, or stay inside and drink tea, or stay inside and watch a movie. Or in my case, stay inside and get distracted from my book by a movie while drinking tea.

Sorry. Too much meaningless description.

It's been a good day for quiet, for reflection, for deep, hard thought. A day designed for hermiting, if ever there was one.

And that's a fact for which I can be thankful. The rest of this weekend ... Well, yesterday was hard on my head, and today was my chance to recover and get ready for the week -- which doesn't look like an easy one, all things considered. It'll be much better for me than others (and I'm fully aware of that) but as outcomes and emotions have a tendency to carry from person to person, it could be rough.

So how's that for a vague allusion?

For now, I'm going to wait for my pizza to get here -- I'm completely NOT in the mood to cook -- and my dishwasher to finish running. Then I can get to cleaning, or reading, or whatever until I crash due to an unusual lack of caffeine and sugar in today's food and drink intake.

Take it easy, folks, and good luck to all of you with this upcoming week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review