Getting Ready For The Holidays

Slowly but surely, I've been making a dent in my incredibly messy apartment. Seems the impending visit by my parents is making me a little more focused.

But that's what it takes: a deadline. One that involves the possibility of my mother seeing my messy apartment is that much stronger.

It also helps that M-Kay is gone for the weekend so I can listen to music at whatever volume I want or turn on a movie and crank up whatever bass I have so I can fully experience "Independence Day" or "Phantom of the Opera."

That also means that if I don't get around to vacuuming until 2AM, I won't have an irritated neighbor.

And, whenever it is I'm done with my living and dining rooms, I get to break into these boxes.

Those boxes constitute the sum total of my Christmas decorations -- except my tree -- and ever since I was in Michael's a few days ago, I've been dying to crack them open again and start sorting. Today, I braved my dungeon-like hole of a basement, swept off cobwebs that can only half explain the spiders that have invaded this house, and hauled those boxes and that crate upstairs.

For now, they sit on my kind of ugly but incredibly comfortable couch and wait. Once I've managed to sweep the floors and have taken out the garbage, I can settle in with my midnight snack (guacamole!) and start "inventorying" my ornaments, lights, gift labels, and bows.

Fine, I admit it. The prep is half the fun for me. You'd think cleaning would be more enjoyable with that kind of attitude, but it's not. Which is why those boxes have been taunting me for eight hours already.

Time to get back to work. Something is wrong when I'm blogging about cleaning at 10:15 on a Saturday night, but no matter. I'm enjoying my weekend as it is.

Have a good night, folks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review