Spare Change

Ten years ago, when I got my license, gas was $0.96/gallon.

When it hit $1.50, my mom got angry.

When it hit $2.00, my mom got REALLY angry.

When it hit $2.50, we were just hoping it would stop there.

When it first threatened to top $3.00, I was scared because I was in college, drove a gas-guzzler, and had no money to spare. I waited in line for gas for almost an hour -- chiefly because the automatic shut-off at that station had failed so gas was pumping reeeeeeeeeeeally slowly.

When I got Sophie, I paid $3.09/gallon for my first tank of gas.

The lowest I've paid in Wausau is $2.91/gallon.

The highest I've paid in Wausau is $4.07/gallon.

A week ago, there was a 55-cent difference between what I was paying and what my parents were paying. (The downside to living in Wisconsin.)

It has now dropped below $3.00 for the first time in Wausau since October a year ago.

Is it even worthwhile to hope for it to keep dropping? I mean, I've reached the point where three bucks seems pretty stinking reasonable.

Yikes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review