It Can't Be Sunday Yet ...

*Cough cough.* Ow.

Wow. What a week.

Monday was an Arbonne party at Em's ... Tuesday, a bridal shower, Wednesday, the last concert on the Square, Thursday our last two volleyball games -- and then it was the weekend.

Friday night I went out to the Square again, this time for "Screen on the Green" -- they showed "The Goonies" right there, in the middle of City Square.

I love the Square. One of these days I'll get around to finishing my post about the Square and then we can share the love. It's a cool place.

Anyway, somewhere in the craziness I seem to have developed a cold, a fact that does NOT excite me at all. (I get a summer cold almost every year -- but on the bright side, that usually means I don't get one over the course of the winter, or if I do it lasts about three days. My body is very kind to me most of the time.) I also made the painful mistake of eating pizza and fried cheese curds in one day and have since been dealing with odd indigestion. Stinking dairy.

Anyway! That's not the real purpose behind this too-much-information post. I had a crazy week, but it ended in a spectacular fashion. Yesterday eight of us went out to Weyawega, Wisconsin, and went tubing on the Wolf River. (Really, I just wanted to type "Weyawega." This state has the craziest names for cities.)

The "one-and-a-half to two hours" that the bus driver told us to expect from our trip actually took about four hours; the river is a little low this time of year and we had ten tubes tied together. Slows things down a bit.

In any case, it was a lot of fun. However, I was properly sunscreened for a one-and-a-half- to two-hour trip. Now my legs (which, prior to yesterday, had only seen about ten hours of sun over the course of the last 24 years) are an interesting shade of cooked lobster. Except my knees, of course, which have about twelve years of soccer-induced scar tissue that doesn't change color.

Oh yeah. Pleasant, eh? I made it home last night, found the after-sun lotion, and refused to move for the next twelve hours. Alas, this morning the combination of the sunburn and the cold kept me in bed, save for a trip to the fridge for some juice. I'm doing much better this afternoon -- even managed to go to the grocery store. If I can eat before then, I'll probably go to the last softball game of the summer, too.

But first, I must deal with this.

That incredible Chaco tan? Entirely from yesterday. I don't think I can wear flip-flops in the sun, or I'm going to have some really painful burns in those lovely white stripes.

Comments

daz said…
hehe, nice tan :-P

hmm... 8 people, 10 tubes, me thinks there was a cooler or 2 in the extra tubes :-P

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review