Crazy Week Leads To Crazy Recovery

What a nutso week.

In addition to spending six or seven hours at Sunnycrest six days in a row, I never went to sleep before 2AM. I somehow managed to catch about a dozen friends in various lunch/dinner/night out configurations, including my best friends from high school and Andyman, who left for Baghdad on Friday.

Oh, and let's not forget puddle-jumping on my first Saturday home. Puddle-wading, actually. Almost puddle-swimming -- a rather incredible rainstorm lead to three foot deep puddles in the field next to the church. It was awesome. (The current through the gutter? Fast and scary.)

The party at the parental units' house this past Saturday night just capped things off perfectly. Yesterday was a day of mind-numbing interstate driving (turns out I can make the trip without stopping for gas! I was very proud of Sophie) followed by a late-night softball game. Today I'm a bit zombie-like but mostly functional. Tonight I intend to sleep.

Actually, most of this week I intend to catch up on sleep. And go to "The Dark Knight," the one real goal that I failed to reach while in SoDak.

*Sigh.*

Okay. Lunch is over and I need to get back to work. Have a good week, y'all.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review