Phone Smash

Last Thursday was accidentally eventful ... Work had been busy since I had taken Friday off, but that didn’t even begin to cover what the evening would hold. I raced home to start laundry and do some cleaning, then dashed out the door to finish my graduation shopping. I wouldn't have been in a hurry, but I wanted to go watch the first volleyball game, one I had bowed out of because I wasn't really sure what Thursday night would hold.

I had been in B&N for less than five minutes when I flipped open my phone to send a text message ... And I was suddenly holding two pieces.

My yelp scared the lady at the customer service desk.

"Are you okay?"

"Um ... Not really. My phone just broke in half."

That wasn't what she was expecting. "Oh! My goodness."

"Yeah."

I stewed for about thirty seconds. You see, my carrier isn't actually located in Wausau, and in any case it was after 7:00. I wasn't going to be starting a new plan with a new carrier that night.

But lo! Best Buy was next door! I dashed over there and, with the help of a very amused employee, got set up with a pay-as-you-go phone that could tide me over until my phone could be permanently replaced in Sioux Falls. Now I just had to deal with the fact that I didn’t know any of my Wausau friends' phone numbers -- or anyone except family and Darren. Whoops.

Plus it had to charge before I could get it set up. So I went home, plugged it in, and decided to drop in on Moonie.

I don’t think he was expecting that, but it worked. We went to watch volleyball and I got to take care of some damage control.

So! For those of you who have my phone number, my temporary number is in my voicemail message. You can reach me there until Memorial Day; after that, I'll be back to my normal number. (That's the plan, anyway.) To Kristi and Missy -- I'm sorry I missed your calls last night! I just (this morning) figured out how to ACTUALLY turn my phone on vibrate. I thought it had been, but ... well, I was wrong.

Anybody out there know of a tough phone I could buy that could withstand my abuse? Seriously. I could use some suggestions. This is my third destroyed phone in three years. Almost any input would be helpful.

Comments

daz said…
ya!!! i feel special that other than your fam, you have my number memorized :-P

would have been fun to of been the lady at B&N or even the person helping you at best buy.

anyways glad you made it back and it was good to see ya

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review