Weekend Check-In

It has been an excellent weekend, crappy weather aside. Mia Sorella appeared late Thursday afternoon in time to join the Cool Table for pizza and pool ... Good fun. Now she has faces for my hundreds of random stories. (As do they, although it was frequently observed that they would probably just be picturing a taller me.)

The Admiral treated us to some good wine and great conversation following pool (at his awesome house -- seriously, the guy has a magic touch), and Thursday night ended late. Naturally, Friday morning started earlier than usual. (My body is dumb.)

Friday night we celebrated Newb's new house, then retired to my place for a late dinner, some good wine, some catch-up time, and "Ocean's Thirteen." A spectacular night.

Saturday, we slept in (glorious), ran a couple of errands, watched "Bride & Prejudice" (wow, cheesy -- fun, too -- except I'll be singing some really weird songs in my head for the next week), then joined up with a few others for dinner at my favorite Chinese restaurant in town. Games at my place after (Apples to Apples!!) and a moderately early night. Well, early for a Saturday.

Mia Sorella took off this morning for Minneapolis and I made it to the first second service at church.

Today, I relax. It has been ages since I've just had a weekend ... My apartment's even tolerably clean.

[Thank goodness for Blogger's autosave feature ... My IE just died for no apparent reason ...]

So! There's enough for the standard stuff. I hope to have another SWG2L entry up in the next couple of days ... I'm working on three of them right now. We'll see if any of them are worthwhile reading. If there are any topics out there, please -- share!

Also, thanks to that little map thingy on the right, I know you people exist! Please, leave a comment, let me know you made it to the end of a dull post. I'm wondering about some of the random readers out there (particularly you in Connecticut) ... Just a note that you were here and where you're from will satisfy my curiosity.

Have a good week, folks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review