Glow

I've talked about it rather relentlessly for the better part of a month now. I finally have a couple of pictures to show you of this awesome new place I live ... I'll only show you one tonight (I like to maintain some illusion of privacy), but it's a start.

This is my absolutely fabulous (you heard me) living room by candlelight. In the back you can see the HUGE windows that are pretty common in this part of town -- relics of old architecture. (This house was built in 1892, if that gives you any idea.) The thought of actually having sunlight in my place seems completely foreign, but I'm willing to learn.

The non-white walls are also a big plus, along with the gorgeous hardwood floors (that unfortunately you can't see in a picture taken by candlelight).

And, although you can't really tell in this picture, it's actually clean. That's right. I've been here for three weeks and my place is still clean. Woot!

Now, way off to the left is this guy ...

Admittedly creepier by candlelight than standard daylight, he was a housewarming gift (easily the most amusing) and is now a conversation piece. Not to mention hard to place ... I finally gave up and left him on a bookcase. We'll see how long he stays there.

Yes! There's the first snapshot of the most easily photographed room.

Now I think it's about time to find sleep. I'm getting old.

Comments

Anonymous said…
sweet... setting the mood with candles ;p

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review