En Route

The big moving day went absolutely wonderfully ... I can say with all honesty that I have the greatest coworkers a person could ask for. Three of the guys in my department were cheerfully willing to be my able bodies so I could get all the big stuff -- my bed, my couch, my kitchen table, etc. -- and about nine crates of books moved, along with a bunch of other random things. The weather was absolutely perfect, too (warm enough that you didn't need a jacket as long as you were doing something physical, cool enough that you didn't generally break a sweat), which made it even better.

Now I'm residing in two places while I go room to room here (my old place), emptying space and cleaning as I go. I'm pretty much down to the spare bedroom and the floors ... Great feeling. This is going a bit more quickly than anticipated.

As long as I can maintain steam over the week, I'll be golden. And as long as I get my kitchen completely moved, I won't resign myself to eating junk the whole time.

My new place is absolutely beautiful ... It's a 116-year-old house (just learned that today) that's been updated and refurbished but still has the high ceilings and huge windows that make it so cool. It's all been painted and refloored (is that a word? Well, it is now) in the last three months, too ... Feels a lot like moving into a brand new house.

I have the bottom floor, basement, and technically the yard of this place. Another coworker will be moving into the top floor next weekend. Half of the Cool Table girls in one place ... Should be interesting! I predict summer barbecues and general mayhem, and I can't wait.

I also predict having more than enough space for anyone going through Wisconsin (particularly if you're here to see me!). Just for the record.

Anyway! My laundry's getting close to done, and then I'll be taking my next load over. Have a good week, everybody!

Comments

Stickman said…
i am happy that your move is well under way to being completely finished!
it is a good feeling when it is all done!

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review