General

Well, here we are. T-minus 3 days and counting. I can't convince myself to keep working; denial has ended, but avoidance has kicked in full force. I will likely finish packing after work on Friday. (Whoop. Great way to spend a Friday night, eh?)

I owe my distraction to a lot of different things. Like this book, The Madonnas of Leningrad. This is one of those diamond-in-the-rough kinds of books. A book that, four years ago, I wouldn't have even noticed on the shelf. It was an impulse B&N buy, an experiment, and I'm hooked. Not just the subject matter (workers at the Hermitage in St. Petersburg [Leningrad] during the German siege on the city in World War II), but the story itself. It's part romance, part drama, part historical fiction, and it is something I would have never caught before.

I also have "Hey Jude" stuck in my head and I don't know why. I haven't listened to the song in probably two years.

Right, so those two thoughts don't really go together, but there you have it.

I'm considering converting this wonderful blog of mine into a full-fledged website, but I'm lacking in general knowledge. Anybody out there have some good sources they can share with me? (I should rephrase that. After I get started, it won't be a problem, but I don't know much about where to go for hosting or software. That would be super.)

People are great. I'm finally coming out of my "observation" phase a bit and realizing that hey, Wausau's a pretty cool place. Or at least it can be with a little help and a little effort.

Okay. Maybe now that I've gotten some of this out I can focus on boxes. Or at least finish doing my dishes. Have a good night, folks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review