A General Update And Some Upcoming Fun

Well, it's been an interesting week at the office.

We had an "informational" security audit that, ahem, "ruffled a lot of feathers." Probably because it happened after hours with no prior warning and involved some rather in-depth searches, including some nosing through personal property (depending on who was checking your area). Our general manager, however, reminded us that there are more important things than where we keep our ID badges. Like not letting a security audit get in the way of getting things done the next day.

Found out that I'm now the lead process engineer on one of our Chinese projects. Some frustration there -- I started as the lead, became backup, fell out of the loop, and now I'm the lead again and my supervisor will be gone for three weeks. Not totally sure I'm ready for this, but I suppose that just means we'll find out, eh?

I've also had two projects return (both with which I thought I was done) and had one pick up considerably. Makes me busier than I've been for quite awhile ... and I'm going on vacation next week.

In the meantime, though, I've got a two-night birthday party to attend and a big football game to halfway pay attention to. It'll be a good weekend. And then I have two and a half days of solid work and prep for an action-packed trip to RC.

Had I thought about that before, I would have gotten more sleep this week.

Have a great weekend, folks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review