First Post Of '08: Freaking Out

How to inspire panic in a recently employed engineer:


Rig it so that her computer won't power up, and then let her find out that somehow it got wet.


Yeah. I don't know what went wrong, but that's what happened to me yesterday. Worked fine till 8:30 or so, froze up so I shut it down ... and then when I tried to start it up again (shortly before 11:00, after I had a meeting). The IT guy took out the hard drive and discovered that it was damp.


Mystified. Still am.


BUT! He laid it out to dry, and this morning he put it back together and it works just fine ... or at least everything I've tried so far has worked. We'll hope things continue that way. Pretty sure I filled my year's swearing quota yesterday. (And it's only January 4th.)


This is a lame first post of the year ... My next one should be better. For now, I can just say happy birthday Paul! I'm a couple days late, but ... yeah. Happy birthday!

Comments

Stickman said…
somebody peed in your pc.

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review