Fall Colors

Okay. Before I get into my actual post -- woot for random readers! (And if that little bit of nerdiness didn't scare you off, thanks for stopping by, Paul!)

I've discovered one thing that I truly love about Wisconsin: actual fall colors. SoDak's great, but when September and October come around, you get two colors: yellow and brown. Not terribly exciting. At some point, I observed to myself that Wisconsin is one big forest, which must mean that fall was pretty cool.

And wow. I was right.

(Give me a break -- it hasn't happened often lately. I miss being right.)

It doesn't just turn colors -- it turns Technicolor. Seriously. Think "The Wizard of Oz." (If you're picturing the parts in Kansas, you're seriously missing the point -- and frustrating me, for that matter.)

The first picture is an example of the Wisconsin forestedness. Wausau, like most cities around here, is heavily wooded throughout town. Including in and around the parking lot of the Texas Roadhouse.


This next one is while I was walking in the Isle of Ferns. Picturesque bridge, light breeze, pretty trees, and a reminder of why I'm happy to live in an apartment and not have a yard.


Looking across the river to Oak Island Park ...


This one's actually on a random residential street, not too far from downtown. (Matt -- this is the kind of tree I was describing!) ... I love the fact that it's still green in the middle but PINK on the outside.


Finally, one of my favorites. This was also taken at the Isle. The mystery here? As far as I could tell, there were no trees in sight with leaves that had turned red yet. Most of them were green with a hint of yellow. I have no idea how this leaf got here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review