Bright And Shiny

... or sunshiny bright?

Okay, I hate to immediately start talking about the weather -- after all, isn't that the standard conversation fallback? -- but today was basically perfect. After almost a solid week of rain, the sun came out and insisted on staying out. And while I was kept indoors most of the day (against my will), I managed to get out for a bit and enjoy it.

Now, if only it could be equally perfect for about two more weeks. Then it's more than welcome to feel like fall.

Let's see ... Um ... Did some driving again ... Further than I intended, but it was a gorgeous drive. Took a "study break" to do some moderately essential shopping and ended up taking the scenic route home. Good stuff. Considering I spent the rest of the day cozying up with my laptop and the Spreadsheet From Hell, I think the drive was more than worth it.

Saturdays were never supposed to be fair game. Grr.

The productiveness of the day seems to have pulled me out of the listless funk I was in, however. Or maybe the return of sunlight did it. As much as I love rain (having grown up with so little of it, it's not exactly a surprise), I missed being able to light my apartment naturally. Or see the sunset. Or stay warm while outside.

Wow. This is a dull post. My apologies.

I might not have much more to say for about a week now. Next weekend, I'm headed home for LifeLight (yahoo!), and after a weekend with My Guys I might have more. We'll see, eh?

Have a good one, folks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review