One Foot On The Ground

Can I fast forward a month or so?

Maybe by then I would have this figured out.

Or maybe by then I'll be obsessing over the other option, the one I decided NOT to go with.

Ugh.

It's quite possible that what's really causing the trouble are the two sides of me -- the engineer and the side that wanted to be an English major. One side is taking the highly practical approach, while the other is taking the more "whimsical" approach. The problem? I don't think either side is wrong. Neither option really outweighs the other, and neither option has fewer risks, really.

It's strange when you're choosing between red and green instead of black and white. My brain is colorblind.

No, I still don't know what's going to happen. I'll probably have a better idea by this time next week. Until then -- enjoy your adventures. I'll be attempting to do the same.


I never love nobody fully
Always one foot on the ground
And by protecting my heart truly
I got lost
In the sounds
I hear in my mind
All these voices
I hear in my mind all these words
I hear in my mind
All this music
And it breaks my heart
And It breaks my heart
-Regina Spektor, "Fidelity"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review