Kidness

Currently:
Listening to: Third Day's "Christmas Offerings"
Thinking about: Russia, Wisconsin, Mexico, bookstores, the 450 final, Christmas presents, and pie
Just finished: Olive Garden leftovers (oh happy day ...)

It's a Thursday and I don't quite know what to do with myself.

For the last three months, my Thursdays have been consumed by large group ... but our last meeting was last week. Today? I'm not even swamped with homework as I have been the previous eight semesters on the Thursday before finals week.

Although if it makes you Techies feel any better, I have the take-home final written by Satan himself. I'd call that swamped if I had to turn it in tomorrow, but mostly right now I just read it and have the incredible urge to sleep.

Driving home today, it occurred to me that, despite everything, I still have a hard time calling myself an adult. I've been renting a house (two different ones, but all the same) in Rapid for a year and a half now. Grocery shopping, etc. for myself for four and a half. Paying for school, finding jobs, setting a budget, making all sorts of mundane decisions all the time ... And yet, even though I'm actually a grown woman, I think of myself in kid terms.

Maybe that's what makes going home after graduation feel so weird. I haven't lived there, I mean really lived there, since sometime in 2003. While not a whole lot of time has passed, a lot has changed. Nearly everything. Going home ... Going home might just feel like stepping into a time machine. I'm not sure I can cope with that.

Eh. Guess we'll see what happens next, hmm?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review