Diary Of A Stadium Wedding

**Pictures to be added when I can download them back at camp!**

6:30AM: My alarm goes off. I grumble at it and hit "snooze."

6:50AM: Okay, okay, I'm up. Don't have THAT long to get ready to go.

7:40AM: On the road again ... It's been so long since I last made this drive. I hope I remembered right and it only takes 20 minutes. ...

7:47AM: Wow, has it been awhile. So many odd memories, usually involving cars moving too fast ... Car tag, and "story time" with Nick after he got followed by a certifiably crazy dude through a cornfield ... Hee hee. Love this stretch of road.

9:00AM: Well, I've been sitting here waiting for an hour, and now they're working on my hair. Lord only knows how long this will take ... So many curls ...

9:22AM: Yeah. I'm stuck in this chair for the foreseeable future.

10:07AM: Woot! Done!

12:03PM: Not that this hanging out waiting for everybody else to get done hasn't been fun, but it's good to be moving on to the next phase -- pictures. Alas, first we have to get to the Canaries Stadium ...

12:35PM: With the magic of the Internet, we're there! Quick change, dress Dani, and ...

1:10PM: Yup. Hurry up and wait. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's about 95° out there and the wind is BLOWING. At least this lovely little locker room is air conditioned. Dani and Jared are out there for now, but the rest of us get to relax.

2:07PM: Time for the wedding party. I'm liking the ballpark thing; the pictures are getting creative. Lots of stairs to work with.

3:45PM: 1 hour and 15 minutes till go time. Relax until then. Fix ... everything. I'm shocked that my hair is still in place, even with the wind ... That hairdresser is magical.

4:55PM: Everybody out ...

5:05PM: Cue "Olympic Fanfare." Attendants out ...

5:13PM: I think the minister just called Dani and Jared horses, but I can't be sure.

5:22PM: Turns out that extra torch-lighting-song-time is perfect for reapplication of chapstick, as long as you have your back to the audience. Which I don't, so I'm just watching the bride and groom do it and trying not to laugh.

5:27PM: They're married!! Crazy ...

5:30, 5:37, and 5:49PM: Waiting ...

5:53PM: Here they come! And ... they're out. Turns out that crowd in the stadium looks a LOT bigger in the receiving line.

6:05PM: Off I go, to the reception hall.

6:45PM: Announced, in, and they'll bring us our food soon ...

7:30PM: The toasts! Pretty sure the maTRON of honor just called the groom's family stupid ... She SAYS that's not what she meant ... suuuuuure. (Just kidding, Dez!)

8:08PM: They're already clearing the floor so the DJ can get started ... This reception rocks! (Hmm ... turns out my shoulders are pinker than I first realized ... oops.)

8:40PM: Attendants' dance. Turns out the groomsman I walked with knew my old youth pastor -- how crazy is that? And why hadn't I talked to him until now?

9:35PM: The craziness continues, although the crowd is thinning a bit. I've been hanging out with some old high school friends, getting caught up finally. Life is good.

11:00PM: Uh-oh ... Karaoke's starting. I'm sure they need some help cleaning up.

11:30PM: It's been an exhausting day, and most of the crowd has disappeared. Time for this bridesmaid to head home.

12:36PM: Finally done with the blog update. BED!!


Dani, Jared, I love you both! Congratulations!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review