Change The World

I am craving a raspberry mocha.

Problem #1: I gave up coffee three and a half weeks ago.

Suppose it doesn't matter after that, does it?

Another week of classes past, another weekend of homework ahead. Homework and random shindigs, including our "brew session" with Dr. G last night, babysitting this afternoon, and a ... something at Spork's place tonight. Good stuff, good stuff. (Sunday ... well, Sunday is church and homework.)

The career fair was on Thursday, leaving me with more questions than answers. Some of you know that I've been a tad hesitant these last couple of weeks regarding my future. Maybe "a tad" is an understatement; I've come to the realization that I have no idea where to go next. At this point, there are even several options out there, ranging from a real job to grad school to becoming a janitor at a high school somewhere.

It's odd taking things into account that haven't happened yet. I'd like to get a job that would let me support a family -- that doesn't yet exist. I'd like to be able to travel before this nonexistant family exists. And what I end up doing may determine my future with a select individual as well.

One major issue, however; after going to Russia, I've come to the conclusion that I won't be content with volunteering at my local church (wherever "local" ends up being). I have this indescribable urge to get out into the world, but I don't know if that's genuinely feasible.

The truth of the matter is that it doesn't matter if I think it's feasible or not. Whatever is supposed to happen will happen, regardless of what I prefer.

That's the hardest part. That control thing? Yeah, not mine. I just have to recognize the signs and take the right opportunities.

But dangnabbit, what are the right ones?


So you wanna change the world
What are you waiting for
You say you're gonna start right now
What are you waiting for
It only takes one voice
So come on now and shout it out
Give a little more
What are you waiting for?

--Natalie Grant

Comments

Anonymous said…
Don't become a janitor. The pay sucks and the hours are worse. Plus you have to clean up shit.
Anonymous said…
as well as other things that aren't pleasant.
Anonymous said…
I stand beside you no matter what you decide. If I could tell you I would but I don't even know myself, go figure. Lets become missionaries together.

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review