A Week

I've started and deleted seven posts in the last eleven days. I'm not sure why none of them were keepers, but somehow I couldn't let the silence last any longer.

Okay, okay, so I'm at work again and I don't have anything better to do for the next seventeen minutes. Happy?

In any case, it's been one of Those Weeks. The kind of Week where Things keep happening -- mundane Things, random Things, exciting Things, stressful Things -- and somehow you never manage to catch your breath and feel normal. The kind of Week where you wonder where the heck reality went and why she refuses to return. (I'm not sure why reality just became a woman, but there you have it.) The kind of Week where ... oh, you get the idea. I've had that Week.

My last attempt ended up being about five pages long, so we'll see if I can abbreviate it. Here goes.

Sunday: Aaron was here. On a scale of one to ten, I was at eleven.

Monday: Normal school day. Dinner night with the girls. Nine.

Tuesday: Normal senior design. Cargill info session. Eight.

Wednesday: Homework, standard stuff. Sevenish.

Thursday: Button came off my dress shirt, interview with Cargill, locked myself out of lab, didn't get everything done for work (delayed everything by 21 hours), had to spend an extra half hour at mass lab, got a migraine over the course of the day, went to bed at 7:30 because I couldn't handle the headache anymore. One.

Friday: Woke up later than intended, had two tests, spent the day still wiped out from the migraine, ended up staying home instead of going on the IV retreat, sort of relaxed after nine or so. Three.

Today: Saw Eric (nine), been at work since two. Still have about six hours ahead of me. No joke. Five-ish.

It's been a Week. A very long Week. And it's been a rollercoaster, but at least it's ending at a middle point.

I've been doing the future-planning again, now with the knowledge that I won't be done here until December 2006. I think that's okay ... At least I can have a pretty easy last semester, and I'll get to hang out with Andy and Darren for a little longer. (The rest of you, too, but those two aren't here right now.) Besides, that means I can put off reality for a little longer.

Hey, Mr. Jonesevich -- I typed almost all of this blind.

Anyway, my test tubes are calling to me. (Not really, but wouldn't that be cool? No, I take that back -- that'd be freaky.) Better get back to work. I'll be back if I can think of anything good to say.

Comments

daz said…
hmmm...how did you get a spam comment?? yeah!!!....i was mentioned

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review