Standard Day

Apologies for the word recognition thing on my comments, but I'm sick of weird spam commenting. I have no desire to go to gaming sites, nor do I want to subject all four of my readers to the advertisements for said sites.

Anyway, I'm working in the computer lab again, and I needed a break. Naturally, my first thought was to type in my blog, thus continuing the necessary eye strain and finger soreness.

Actually, it had more to do with laziness and a lack of places to go than that.

Let's see here ... Not a whole lot to talk about, really. Darren, I sent that card to you, in hopes that it will get there before you get back. (Why didn't I send something months ago? Sheesh.) Had senior design this morning, and tonight I've got astronomy and a mass lab meeting. Here's hoping we can wrap things up quickly for mass lab. I'd like to sleep tomorrow night.

Homework, as always. Lots of mass transfer due tomorrow. I've finished two of the problems completely, and the other two will take a little more finagling to get, I think, but they should be managable. First, I have to conquer EES ...

All chem-e profs have their pet programs. G's is EES. Secret Agent's is MathCAD. I'm pretty sure most of them are attached to ASPEN, in some respect or another. In any case, it works out for us, because we all get a little better at using them, despite occasional urges to hurl computers out windows.

The major downside to being stuck in the lab today is the fact that it's gorgeous outside (84° and 8% humidity -- ah, the humor of living in RC) and perfect for ultimate Frisbee. On the upside, I'm in an air-conditioned lab instead of hanging out in, say, the chem-e lab. Egads, it's a sweat shop in there. I don't envy lab-goers today.

I think it's time for a real break, likely with my econ homework outside. Or at least to a different lab. This one smells funny.


You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review