It Was A Dark And Stormy Night

It was a dark and stormy night.

It began like any other Thursday; early. When she entered the dungeon, it was quiet. Too quiet. Later, the dungeonmaster informed her that everyone else had the day off and she was on her own.

The day passed uneventfully. Inmates were characteristically silent, and there were no visitors this time. As darkness set in, she began to feel a little more alone and exposed; after all, no light passed through those windows to illuminate passers-by.

Okay, I'm starting to give myself the creeps.

In all fairness, it is dark and stormy. And quiet. But it's really only a basement, and my boss probably wouldn't appreciate being called a dungeonmaster. Oh, and bacteria are always silent. If they're not, you've got more to worry about than a failed experiment.

I wasn't kidding about the feeling alone and exposed, however. I'm sincerely hoping no one was walking past while I was dancing in the micro lab a couple minutes ago. Could be rather embarrassing. It's not a very big campus.

Anyway, my five free minutes have passed and the buret is waiting. Have a good night!

(Oh, and check out this blog -- yay!)


Meanwhile, back at the ranch, tension mounted... and rode off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review