Walking Mucus

O sleep! Where did you go? Why did you desert me? What can I do to bring you back?

So tired ... Oy.

What I wouldn't do for another night of good, long sleep. I actually got one of those this weekend, only to completely nullify it by last night's lack of anything remotely like good sleep. Naturally, since I have to work today.

Oh, and just for the record? It rained all night. All night. All. Night. A new occurrence for RC, I believe. Possible cause of Why I Couldn't Sleep.

Anyway, during one of my bouts of insomnia, I turned on the television and was reminded of several of the commercials that have bothered me lately.

First, the new Juicy Juice tagline -- "The very best juice for the very best kids." Talk about your subconscious guilt trips! After all, if your kids are the best, they need Juicy Juice ... but if they don't have the juice, maybe they're not really the best. (Disclaimer: I mean no disrespect to Juicy Juice. Actually, I like the stuff. I just don't think their advertisers are above repute.)

More disgustingly, there are the Mucinex commercials -- you know, the ones with the walking, talking chunk of mucus? I can't be the only one grossed out by this. And I have to say, it doesn't make me want to buy the medicine, either. This isn't an appealing commercial. People running through brightly lit fields because their chest colds cleared up and they're breathing easier? No. A talking hunk of snot with a Brooklyn accent. Points for doing something different, but ew.

The other TV one (noticed some afternoon this weekend) mostly just confused me. Maybe more parents are sitting down and watching cartoons with their kids. That's the only explanation I can think of for profuse amounts of credit counseling commercials during "Recess." Not many ten-year-olds out there with creditors after them.

On top of all this, I seem to have stumbled across the baby black market. Well, maybe not, but I did find an Internet banner advertising "Grocery Coupons ... Travel Coupons ... Baby Coupons" ... I had to giggle.


"He lived his life to the end ..."

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have found that playing the guitar is a very entertaining pass time that I would enjoy learning more about...The end.
Anonymous said…
*giggle*
Anonymous said…
I pride myself on not falling into the guilt trap of tv commercials. No juicy juice in my house! The "baby coupons" sound interesting though. Is there a wide selection, or just one brand?

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comments. I've enjoyed reading here. BTW, I'm a "retired" mechanical engineer. Good luck with that!
Anonymous said…
Ashli, dear, sometimes you scare me....

I agree that the mucus commercial is quite on the disgusting order...and the baby coupons thing is hilarious, I think mine would be a red head--if i could buy my baby for 50% off. Oh! the buy one get one free deals would be amazing!

Life down south continues on, everyone makes fun of my slight MN accent...and the fact that Ag sounds like "egg" to them...awfully funny arent i??

Take care all-I hope to hear from you soon!

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review