The End

Here we are.

It's the last official day of the spring 2005 semester, and ... I'm ambivalent.

It's the end of an era. There are about 8 of us who have essentially lived together here in Connolly for the last three years, and now we're splitting up. A few of us to a house or two, a few to co-ops and internships, a few just to another dorm because someone got their rooms first. It's weird, and a little unsettling; we're growing up.

I made some comment about "having an adult around" last week, and one girl turned to me and said, "Well, what are we?" (There, I proved my outlook further by calling her a girl.) I feel a little lost with this whole adult thing. I don't feel like I'm almost 21, like most of my friends are officially old enough to be married and have kids. I don't feel like a senior in college, or like I can rent a house.

But that's precisely what's happening.

Today, that doesn't matter. Today is just a day to pack up and move on to the next phase of life, to say goodbye to everybody and everything that's been familiar for the last nine months. Today is a day to drive for hours and then collapse under the sudden release of finals week.

Unless you're me, which you aren't. In my case, today is a day to gain random items (a couple of fans, a futon, some books, some random lumber) and pack mule others' stuff to their cars. Today is a day to say so long, then retreat back to the hermitage.

And eventually a day to visit my grandparents. That's still a few hours off.


If you're always right, something's wrong.

Comments

Ashley said…
Why does Anonymous insist on leaving stuff like this on my blog?
Anonymous said…
Cause Anonymous is a poop.

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review