Enlightenment?

I'm not sure how to describe how I'm feeling right now. I am ... content?

That's probably the right word.

Things have gone well this weekend. I've stayed busy, I've gotten some things done, I've had fun. My room is clean, which for those of you who know me, is a MAJOR accomplishment. Went to a rodeo last night (bull riding) , then to the ice rink for a free Tech skate night, and THEN to Perkins until 1:30 in the morning with a rather bad waitress.

But the truth is, the happiness started Friday night at Borders.

Some people take drugs, some people go on pilgrimages, some people retreat to the mountains for a month looking for clarity. I go to a bookstore.

Okay, so it doesn't always work. Sometimes it's just a bookstore. Sometimes I just walk in for five minutes so I can get coffee.

And sometimes, it's just what my brain needs to calm down and concentrate.

No more deep stuff. I'm done for now. Have a great day, people.


But then it hits you, then it kicks you
then you realize you’re not unique
and you ignore it, you implore it
just to let you turn the other cheek
don’t wanna think about the schools in Bosnia
don’t wanna sing about food in Somalia
I don’t need this, I don’t see this
all I want is inner peace

Nellie McKay, "Inner Peace"

Comments

Ashley said…
Hey, look, someone from SoDak! Well, on the offhand chance that you stumble back, Eric -- I'm a confused engineer. Funny little tale -- back when I was trying to decide what to do with my life, I actually flipped a coin. It turned heads, and I went for engineering instead of English. True story. And just for the record, I'm a chemical engineer -- nobody would trust me with anything requiring fuses, and I'm still computer-tarded.
Ashley said…
Thank you! While I admit my English is slipping (stinking school does that to a person), I'm trying to keep things at least mildly mediocre. As to the trains -- are you a BH boy? I haven't heard that comment out of anyone from other schools.
Ashley said…
USD? I'm sorry. :) I've been in good ol' SoDak all my life, just not always in the same part of it.

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review