Moment Of Truth

I've been reading a blog, linked from the main Blogger site. You should check it out. It's at http://breakupbabe.blogspot.com It's pretty awesome.

Anyway, onto the real topic at hand.

I had one of those moments today when I realized why I was here. One of those, "Oh yeah, I remember now" kind of things.

We've been doing this MAPS lab thing for fluids lab (which means nothing to those who aren't chem-es), but the bottom line is, it's a fun lab. You have to "design" (not much of that ... mostly just solve a few equations and see what happens) a system for pumping water up to a tank, then build it and make it work. I know, I know, it doesn't sound terribly exciting, but I thought it was fun. One of those things where you work it out, then put it into action. Good stuff.

After I finished that, I booked it to the library. During that short jaunt, I saw about four students walk out of a neighboring building, yukking it up with a professor, two people taping posters on the sidewalk (don't ask, it's a Tech thing), and a couple others jogging around campus. When I got to the library, I overheard a couple different conversations, one of which had to be a group of EEs, as that's one language that I really don't get, and another that involved the ethics of biochemical engineering.

I just went, "Yes, this is what the college experience is all about." A bunch of people doing whatever it is they enjoy, in amongst two thousand others doing what they enjoy.

Maybe I'm in the right place after all.


When throwing rocks at seabirds, leave no tern unstoned.
When painting baboons, leave no stern untoned.
(Chew on THAT one for awhile.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review