Thursday, December 16, 2004

Dude!

Wow, this is awesome.

Okay, so yesterday didn't start off well. As a matter of fact, I wanted very much to cry by 9:00 in the morning. My thermo final was horrid. Bad. Icky.

BUT.

But occasionally, strange things happen.

For instance, I decided about a month ago that I wanted to go to Russia next July. Puts a bit of a damper on the whole "Hey, I need a job this summer" thing. Until last week ...

Last week, I got an email from a professor here on campus, asking if I was interested in doing research this summer (a position I applied for last summer but didn't get, as some of you may remember). I said yes, I'm interested, but I'm planning on being out of the country for the entire month of July, so thanks but no.

Yesterday afternoon, I get another email from the same professor.

That's okay. If you're still interested, we might be able to work around that.

Happy dance!

So, if things continue to work out, I might get both work experience AND a trip abroad this summer. Cool, huh?


Eat right, exercise ... die anyway.

No comments: