Attack Of The Killer Muse

Ah, yes, the Muse strikes again. I managed to ignore her last time ... I was halfway through a bag of sour cream and onion potato chips (yes, I know, but I have no one to impress) when something clicked and I wanted to write. For your sake, I ignored the urge until my brain was once again blank.

But, I was sitting down in the same booth today in the Shack (this time puzzling over french fries and popcorn chicken) when the urge struck again. Unfortunately, I had some time to kill and couldn't ignore it as efficiently.

Maybe I should sit somewhere else when I'm down there. Or maybe it had more to do with the fact that I was reading about heat exchangers and my brain was wandering.

That's been happening a lot -- the wandering brain, that is. I think it's getting restless ... Classes continue to drag on (I'm getting some sleep now, as opposed to last week, when I wouldn't sleep nights but take "naps" every few hours so I could keep functioning), and deadlines continue to approach like angry rhinos on rollerskates. (Hey, if you were a rhino in rollerskates, you'd be angry too.)

Coincidentally, Christmas is fast approaching, too (no, really, that's the next major holiday after Thanksgiving, at least in these parts!). You can expect a rant about Christmas very soon ... perhaps more organized and logical than my Thanksgiving rant.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I hope your respective holidays were as awesome as mine. So much fun ... yay good food. And yay new cell phones with batteries that last and don't fall off just because they feel like it. (Boo stupidity and leaving keys at home. Whoops.)

Where was I going with this? Ah yes, the wandering brain.

There are some key distractions in my life right now. I'm trying to get things together so I can go to Russia in July, and ... well, there's a lot of paperwork there. Then there's ... oh, never mind, you don't want to hear about that.

The bottom line is -- I can't concentrate on a damn thing right now, and it's making me crazy. Too many projects on the line for this, too much homework due two days ago, too many tests ... Egads, this is ridiculous.

I think I'm going to end this pointless blog and get back to work. Topics, people!


Everything is controlled by a small evil group to which, unfortunately, nobody I know belongs.
--Ashleigh Brilliant

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review