Saturday, October 30, 2004


The oddity of this week is astounding.

Let's start from the beginning.

I woke up Sunday morning in my sleeping bag on the deck of the main lodge of a church camp out in the Hills. (That was a horrible sentence of prepositional phrases.) It was all weird from there on.

Monday started with the 7AM prayer meeting, at which I finally appeared (first time for everything!). Classes were only strange because I had finished all homework that was actually collected. My lab group was then in the computer lab until 12:30AM finishing our memo. Blechh.

Tuesday morning was standard lab. During my lunch break, Jesse found me and asked if I was going to be around later, which I took to mean he wanted to chat ... but that hasn't happened yet. After that, I had lunch with Katie and got to really talk to her for the first time since her wedding. Awesome.

Wednesday appeared normal. Classes were classes, I spent a little time in the lab trying to weigh my crucibles, and then I hit the Shack for a few hours of studying.

It was while I was there that I met a guy named Frank. This is only odd because, first of all, he started the conversation (not a typical action of a guy at Tech) and secondly because he asked for my phone number. Think he was just being friendly, but that's still something guys don't do, at least not with me, and I wasn't encouraging things (heat transfer homework automatically sours a person's personality).

That night, Barb, Andy, Justin, Darren, and I drove out to the Storm turnoff to watch the lunar eclipse. It was a little on the cloudy side, but we still had a pretty good view, and it was nice to get out of here for awhile.

Thursday was presentation day in lab. Our speech went well; our content was complete, we took a larger fraction of the time than last time, and we fielded questions with general ease and accuracy. All good. Immediately after I raced out to Storm to work a little, cooking food and cleaning bathrooms. This was awesome, and it's only weirdness came in the fact that I haven't done much work out there and it was a weekday. IV followed, and Applebee's after that, where I bought for our party of twenty. Our group was almost frighteningly cheap ... I felt sorry for our waitress. Hopefully everybody tipped well.

Friday, I started the day at ... 4AM, and had to go to my first class in a suit. This means that I wore a skirt two days in a row (yes, the apocalypse is coming!). After that were standard classes, more crucible weighing, then room cleaning and the Tech Family Weekend Talent Show. Mike won! Yay Mike!

Since then, I've been limited to more room cleaning and checking of the email. It's been a quiet night, and I'm more than okay with that. This is only the second weekend I've spent here since school started, and I need the down time.


Yes, but every time I try to see things your way, I get a headache.
--Ashleigh Brilliant

No comments: