Monday, August 30, 2004

You Haven't Truly Lived Until You've Eaten A Subway Sandwich With A Knife And Fork

It's hard to describe one's feelings upon returning to school. Actually, that's a lie. It's pretty easy to describe those feelings.

First, there's excitement over seeing people again. Then, there's exhaustion after moving things into your room (assuming, of course, that you're living in a dorm). Next comes dread as you realize you have to buy books. And somewhere in there, at least if you're me, there's that overwhelmed sensation as you start meetings and realize what exactly you've gotten yourself into.

Yup. That pretty muchly sums up what I've felt in the last few days.

Oh yeah, and for me, Storm-sick. Not terribly homesick, mind you. Just Storm-sick. :( I can't wait till Christmas break.

Everybody's back, as far as I can tell. Now that my floor's all singles, "everybody" is a much smaller number than it used to be. It's kind of nice -- not nearly as much congestion in the bathroom, and it's been rather quiet.

I'm still unpacking. My room's a mess. Not the kind of mess I like; the kind where I still don't know where everything is, and I'm getting irritated because I haven't been smart enough to make my bed so I don't have to sleep on the floor. Whoops.

Other than that ... It's gonna be an interesting year. Very busy. And hard, from what I've been told. Apparently this semester is a rough one for chemical engineers, but hopefully I can get enough help so I don't want to jump out a window.

(I think I might treat myself to a movie in the next couple of days ... Maybe "The Bourne Supremacy" ... Of course, maybe I should see the first one first.)


We may be alone. We may not be alone. Either way, the thought is staggering.

No comments: