Hey You! Hands Off My Sardines!

Okay, so I'm postponing the maturity rant for a little while. TOO MUCH has happened in the last week. And, since some people actually DO read this, I figured I'd keep you up to date on the happenings in my life and the lives of others.

EVENT #1: I have been offered and accepted the position of small group coordinator for IVCF next year, which puts me on the exec, the "governing body" of said group. I can't wait ... It's gonna be a fun year.

EVENT #2: In a freak raquetball incident Wednesday night, my roommate broke her ... knuckle. And managed to, essentially, dislocate her wrist. I missed the drive to the emergency room, but got to help her do her hair the next morning. (Don't think I can't see you cringe. I know how bad I am with other people's hair, thank you very much.)

EVENT #3: In an unrelated accident very early Thursday morning, my small group co-leader fell out of bed and broke his toe. Wouldn't have been so bad except there was already a pin in there holding it together, and the pin broke. He ended up having surgery and spending a couple of days in the hospital. He's back at school now ... Please pray for his speedy recovery.

EVENT #4: FILMQUEST 2004!!!! Woot!! Ending approximately an hour ago, FilmQuest is a video scavenger hunt put on by IVCF. About 45 people turned out this time--that's 5 teams--and we all had an awesome time humiliating ourselves in public, eating strange food, and in general goofing off for the greater good of our teams. Go Rockstars!

That's all I've got for you good folks tonight. Sleep well, my friends, and God bless.


They say if you build a better mouse trap, the world will beat down your door. But usually, it's just one neighbor, and he'll probably quit once you stop throwing dead mice in his yard.
- Dave James

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review