The S-Word

Ah, stress. Wonderful instigator of strained relationships, nervous breakdowns, lack of sleep, and zits. And a main focus in my life.

The strange thing about stress these days is that most of it is caused by things I never imagined dealing with. For instance, right now I'm trying to come up with enough money to last me through the school year. Unfortunately, most of what I earn is pretty muchly already spent on things like my Jeep.

Then there are those other things that just build on top, like pregnant friends, bad breakups, ex-boyfriends, weddings, anniversaries, classes that don't quite fit into my schedule, people moving, car problems, gas money, late nights, early mornings, trying to find time (and, during school, quarters) to do laundry each week, tattling little kids, scholarships, loans, lazy people in general, and the ever-impending threat of school, which I'm scrambling to finish getting ready for.

Granted, some of this stuff I don't have to deal with personally (like bad breakups and ex-boyfriends), but that doesn't mean I don't hear about them.

All of this fits into the "I have to deal with what?!" category, a.k.a. "Things That You Don't Need To Mess With When You're Twelve."

But that's all part of "growing up," I suppose, and, for better or worse, that's what I'm doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review