My Own Personal Pinterest Moment

So ... I had a bit of a victory yesterday and I really need to share it.

It's kind of dumb. I'm sorry.

I have two basic issues at war that were somewhat rectified. The first is that I am ... a bit of a slob. (Shh. I heard you.) The second is that as of late, I've been buying earrings in large quantities.

The earrings make a bit more sense when you realize that (a) there are a lot of clearances going on and (b) I've got double piercings in my ears and will regularly wear four mismatched earrings if given the opportunity. Also, (c) I have the kind of job where fun jewelry is appreciated by small children and having semi-disposable ones comes in handy. (Seriously, sometimes it seems like I shed them. My good stuff gets double-backed whenever possible.)

Anyway!

These recent acquisitions called for a new storage solution and stud earrings are ... difficult. I looked around for various holders before realizing I had something at home gathering dust.

And so I hung up a shadow box and went nuts.
 
... Please ignore that pineapple.
I'd played with a lot of cork ideas, but the pluses to the shadow box (besides the fact that I already had it from an old trip project that didn't work out) are that it has a door and the backing is thicker than any of the corkboard I had. It's also really easy to use -- I hold on to the sales cards largely so they're easier to pack, but it was a bonus moment when I realized all those loose pairs could be stabbed directly into the canvas.

And one more? I have so much space for more (especially as I give up the cards). Woot.

I'm sure there are lots of people who have done this, but maybe now I'll save someone else the Pinterest surfing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review