A New Phase Of Adulthood

At the beginning of September, my parents moved to a house just east of town.

This is quite strange to me. For the entire first three decades of my life, I lived either in the same house as my parents or a minimum of five hours away. (Over the first two-thirds of 2014, it was actually both simultaneously.) Now they are ... well, in the same town, at least by address. They're actually 25 miles away, but that's because we live in a surprisingly sprawling amoeba of a town.

Off topic. Sorry.

The bottom line is that now, I can actually just hang out with my parents. We can meet up for dinner and then go to our separate homes. We've been hiking and biking a couple times.

It's kind of strange. Thankfully, I'm lucky enough to have parents that actually make for pretty good friends, too. We even went to "Rocky Horror Picture Show" on Halloween, something I wouldn't do with a fairly large chunk of my acquaintance. [My parents are actually the ones that first introduced me to RH, along with "Animal House" and the entire Mel Brooks repertoire, all at a fairly young age. Which perhaps means I now make more sense to a bunch of you.]

Is there anyone else out there who's found themselves in this strange new stage and didn't know what to do with it? We're all adjusting pretty easily, aside from my, "Wait, what?" moments that have happened a few times.

It's also a bit weird to think that I don't really need to travel for any upcoming holidays.

That might take a bit longer to get used to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review