The Doldrums

"These are the things that happen when you lose your mind a little..."

I have been uncharacteristically silent this month.

You're welcome.

You see, aside from some weekend antics (including time with Andyman and Mrs. Andyman, introduction to someone who will forever be known in my head as Awkward Tom, a lot of work at home including painting a room a shade of beige called "Kitten Fluff," and starting my prep for the biology GRE subject test), I have very little going on.

I managed to file my taxes and I'm getting a return that will allow me to stay afloat for another couple of months. I've cooked a lot. Oh, and I made a cake that was damn near perfect. (Twice. Which probably means something catastrophic will happen the third time.)

That taxes thing has me excited. Among other things, it means I can get a job because I want one (which I do, thanks to cabin fever), not because I'm fearing poverty. Let's face it -- that's a good feeling. (Granted, I'll eventually reach that point, but at least I have more time to look without getting stressed out.)

And that, my quiet friends, sums up February thus far.

It seems a few of you are in the same boat, as there's been a drop in posting lately (and one person who vanished entirely, which is a little worrisome). I can't say as I'm surprised. Heck, even my usual phone calls with far-flung friends have been lacking in recent excitement.

Welcome to the winter doldrums.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Haha...Awkward Tom! Good times, good times...
JustMe said…
Do they know kittens come in multiple colors or is kitten fluff a uniform color?

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review