A Thursday South

My trip is wrapping up nicely ... which is something I should probably erase right now since we're not on the way to the airport for another 15 hours or so.

But I'm not going to do that.

It was foggy and humid from the time we drove in Tuesday until sometime this morning. Today by the time we got all dressed up in our NOMEX and hard hats and headed out to the system, it was absolutely gorgeous.

Which means that at 11:00 today, I was standing in the sun in a fire-retardant jumpsuit and steel-toed shoes, the scents of a full chemical plant all around and the sounds of machinery muffled by earplugs. And it was good.

I kind of wish I had gotten a picture, actually. Largely because I have a hard time ordering things like fire resistant jumpsuits that fit well. (I'm short, okay?)

I can say with all honesty that this is going better than I expected (but then again last week I was pretty pessimistic and didn't feel like leaving town). Plus, well, I've had some fantastic seafood and downright heavenly Mexican food.

Tonight, I'm enjoying the availability of cable while I get some work done. Tomorrow ... a day on the road.

I should get back to that. Have a good night, folks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review