Random Sevens

Pastor Ryan over here started this and I've been short on something to write all week -- so I decided to take him up on this.

First of all, the important one: Google has a fantastic link if you're thinking about Haiti but not sure what to do. The Pioneer Woman has something going on as well -- although the contest portion has closed, there are some great suggestions there.

I've been spending far too much time surfing the Internet lately (perhaps finally making up for my months unplugged?). My most-visited sites this week were xkcd, redblog, IMDb, Facebook (argh), Wikipedia (as Moonie points out regularly, it's like "Choose Your Own Adventure" for grownups), B&N (I'm coveting a few books right now), and I think I'll lump all of my blurking into one (those links are mostly in the sidebar). It's a little disturbing that I'm spending as much time as I am on the computer.

I've got a crazy weekend ahead, which will start in a little while with tango and end on Sunday with a Cribbage tournament. Given the success we had last time, I fully expect to land dead last this time around.

Cabin fever is setting in. And every time it hits me, I think of the day I took this picture. [Deep breath...] Ahhh. Blue sky, mountains, and open road. Does it get any better than this?
It's been too long, boys. I think another trip is due. (Skydiving, anyone?)

I have watched most of the last three seasons of "Psych" in the last month and a half, which has led to strange micro-crushes on Anupam Nigam and Andy Berman, two writers of the show. (If either of them Googles his name regularly, he may be confused and/or dismayed to find this post.)

Texas is warmer than Wisconsin right now, right? I sure hope so.

It's time for another Test Kitchen night. I'm out of leftovers. Hmmm...

But first, the weekend begins. Have a good night, all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review