Here It Goes Again

In a strange twist of ... something, I woke up this morning to a rather significant problem.

I don't know why, but for whatever reason, there's no water to my house at the moment. Or at least no water pressure (although I'm not sure it matters if the net result is the same).

Every rental has its quirks, and my particular rental has ancient plumbing. I think the only reason I'm not completely freaking out about this -- why I'm just annoyed instead of in tears -- is that I've accepted the quirk. There are ways around things.

Already I've dealt with broken pipes, strange leaks, and my particular favorite -- an unsealed upstairs shower that leaked into my bathroom ceiling. That was pleasant.


Of course, it's a bit more complicated when there's no water to ANY part of the house. Even if I had a housemate, going upstairs would do me no good.

Instead, strange and different contingency plans have to come into effect. I got to ask the Admiral for a truly random favor  -- and he conceded without knowing what it was, provided the favor was random enough. Lucky for me, "Could I use your shower for the next couple of days?" is, in fact, random enough.

And it looks like I'll be headed back to the laundromat.

And strategizing bathroom breaks.

Lucky...ish for me, they (the plumber my landlord uses and the city) have identified the problem and it seems to be fixable. I've even been told that everything should be functional again by tomorrow evening.

Why do I have the sinking suspicion that won't happen?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review