Catch Up/Coming Up

This weekend wasn't exactly conversation-inspiring, but it was fantastic all the same. Relaxing. And I should be writing a few movie reviews now that I've been to three since New Year's. (It's a little ridiculous.)

I must have been putting up with rather low water pressure for much longer than I realized -- not just because this wasn't a "sudden occurrence" kind of problem, but because the first time I turned on a faucet after last week's debacle I thought I might break something.

From Thursday to Friday I went from no running water to could-kill-a-person water pressure. It was an impressive shift. Laundry takes a considerably shorter time, and it seems my dishes get cleaner in the dishwasher, too.

Really. How long was this going on and how did I not notice?!

In other news, it's official: 20°F with a windchill of 11°F actually does feel warm.

This is not a terribly exciting week. I'm fully aware of that. I feel a bit like I should have all sorts of interesting things to say ... but nothing comes to mind. This week, I must be content with running water and slightly increased temperatures.

Next week, I'll hopefully find contentment in on-time flights and not making an idiot of myself on a site visit. I'm headed to Texas for a few days to see one of our systems in operation. While I'm not exactly giddy with excitement, I am looking forward to getting a few days outside my lovely little cubicle and spending some quality time at a refinery.

No, really. Don't knock a nerd's thrills.

Comments

daz said…
and it will be warm there :-P

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review