2010

If you can't make your mind up
We'll never get started...
("Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps," originally by Doris Day)


After a ridiculously productive week, the thought of making a New Year's resolution seems completely absurd.

I mean that sincerely. After a weekend of cooking almost nonstop back in SoDak (which was strange, considering there were only two of us), I seemed to have momentum going for me. On Monday I put food together for the whole week; on Tuesday I fed nine people (and actually cleaned up after them, which is impressive if only because of my absolute hatred of washing dishes); on Wednesday I did three loads of laundry and knitted a scarf.

Last night was fantastic; it started with a beer release, moved on to a fundraiser and the turn of the decade (and a tango to Cake, which was unexpected and awesome), and ended with friends at a bar at 3AM. Today, I woke up feeling fantastic and vowed to enjoy my Friday not at work.

After banana pancakes, Cribbage, and some time spent mocking celebrities at Neub's, I have to admit -- it's been a spectacular day.

It's almost as though a fog has lifted. For the first time in months, I feel as though I'm not so bad at this adult thing.

And maybe, just maybe, I can keep that going through 2010.

The potential is there...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review