Back -- And A Wisconsin Moment

I am, at long last, back online.

It's weird to me that this thing that wasn't a part of my life -- or a part of the lives of anyone I knew -- only fifteen years ago is now something that is rather hard to live without.

And to be honest, the last two months weren't so bad. In fact, the only reason I really wanted to get reconnected was so I could talk to Mia Sorella without freezing. Unfortunately, it's officially winter in Wisconsin; five minutes in front of El Local Coffee Shop was going to be more than I could handle.

So here I am. After a bit of a debacle getting it connected (and a friendly and very nice tech support guy), everything seems to be up and functional.

Just in time, really. This weekend I'm actually in Wausau and will be home to use it. Occasionally.

Now for something completely different!

Tonight after my usual errands, I headed to tango. On my way home, I realized that I didn't really want to drink the wine I had reserved for tonight. Maybe it's the fact that the Admiral and I have been stopping at Red Eye (one of the breweries in town) for a drink after tango the last few weeks. Maybe it was just the end of a long week. In any case, I wanted a beer.

Unfortunately, my refrigerator was empty. I don't usually stock much beer and as it happens I had run out.

So -- in a stroke of weirdness that I can only assume is the newfound Wisconsinness in me -- I grabbed my empty growler (for non-craft-beer-drinkers, that's a half-gallon jug that you can get filled at microbreweries that don't generally bottle and/or distribute their beer in other ways), walked the three blocks to the nearest brewery, and got it filled. In the snow.

Perhaps I've been here too long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review