Jonah Hill, continuing to make Jason Segal uncomfortable. (Universal Pictures) Matthew the Waiter: Hey, how's it going? Peter Bretter: Hey, I'd like to grab some dinner, please. Matthew: Okay, great. Is your wife gonna meet you? Peter: No. Matthew: Your girlfriend? Peter: No, I don't have a girlfriend, so... Matthew: [confused] You're just by yourself? Peter: Yeah. Matthew: Sucks. Okay, so just one. Here's your wine list, your menu, come on. You want, like, a magazine or something? It's gonna be boring if you're just sitting by yourself. Peter: No, I'll be alright. Thank you. Matthew: I would just be so depressed. ("Forgetting Sarah Marshall." Yeah, that's right. I just quoted that . I swear, it's relevant.) I had coffee with one of my single friends a few weeks back and we got onto the topic of "Things To Do When You're Single." More accurately, we were talking about things that should be experienced and one ...
Ah, it's going to be an interesting day. I'm cooling it down here in the lab, and I'm all alone and feeling chatty. We'll see how many blog posts are the result of this. (It would definitely make a difference if I didn't have so many five-minute breaks in which I only have time to stare off into space or type a couple of paragraphs. Or if I wasn't caught up on all the data input, for the first time ever.) (And then there are the times I have to pull myself away because the centrifuge suddenly sounds as though it might lift off.) So I've managed to frighten myself this morning with my public display of philosophicality (PDP). That may be another trust thing ... In any case, don't expect it to happen again. Not today, anyway. My awesome housemate brought me a bowl of chili (she got it for lunch and then changed her mind), so now my poor body gets some nourishment. As far as food goes, I think today might actually go better than most weekdays have lately (n...
This is the first genuinely relaxing weekend I've had since ... I don't even remember. That's a little unnerving. In any case, it's been a good one. Cruised around the Hills a little bit yesterday on the back of a motorcycle ... Now that's a good way to spend an afternoon (hi, Aaron). Not much doing today. Finally got some laundry done, watched "Shrek 2" on HBO, generally relaxed. Maybe tonight's a Borders night ... or an Applebees night ... or a Perkins night ... Or maybe it's just a sit-and-do-nothing night. What do you think, Ashli? And why won't my keys all work consistantly? A quick question to Eric, if he's out there. Where'd you go, man? Been trying to check your blog but I keep getting a "Sorry, that blog doesn't actually exist anymore" message. Why the disappearing act? Let's see ... what else is going on ... Work is pretty normal. Still learning the ropes, sort of, and developing my experiments. I...
Comments