Stormy Weather

"Due to the inclement weather, Jerry said you can all leave now."

There are a lot of things I'm thankful for today. Traction. Garage spots. ATM deposits. 25,000 slow and careful drivers. Hot chocolate mix that reminds me of backpacking. And awesome (and funny) intercom messages.

That's right, we got sent home today. Well, sort of -- I only actually left about 20 minutes early anyway, and it was nearing quitting time for a majority of the office. Heck, the early risers had already been gone for an hour.

I've missed winter. Rapid City (aka "The Tropics") has an odd seasonal deal. It'll snow in July -- and does on a somewhat regular basis -- but you can go from October through March practically dry. Of course, Spearfish (an hour west) gets hammered, but somehow RC stays protected.

Some atmospheric science guy could probably answer that for me, but I kind of like being able to wonder about it.

This particular storm has also closed the U of M in Minneapolis (practically unheard of) and most schools in eastern SoDak. We're talking about a 500-mile span (more), and yet ... Rapid City gets to watch.

Okay. I don't really have more to say right now. After my desperate effort to get the last two posts up, I haven't managed to type the other one that's in the works. With any luck, that'll be out next.

In the meantime, have a great night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review