Unchanging

Some things never change.

This little town still feels the same as it always has. Things have changed (again, reference the lake in the field behind our house), but it's still Tea. It's still a small town, the same families are still around, and it looks remarkably the same from our house. A few more lights, perhaps, but nothing so drastic as to make it unrecognizable.

In a life where things change on a monthly basis, that's comforting. Refreshing, in a lot of ways.

I'm a little sad to be leaving it again. Saturday morning, it's out to RC for my sister and I. This summer has the potential to be completely different than anything I've ever experienced, much as the past two summers have been. Guess we'll all see, right?

Well, that's about it. I hope y'all have a great weekend (in case I don't write again tomorrow), and you should leave a comment on your way out!


Is this the new year, or just another night? ...
Switchfoot, "The Blues"

Comments

Anonymous said…
hey are you available Monday? We're hiking Bear Butte. :) Let me know.
Anonymous said…
hey, about 2pm for the hike! Invite anyone you know that's in town. Should be a nice day--back to the 70s after these awful 90s.

oh and I know I'm bizzare--what better way to wake up than yoga though?
Anonymous said…
Yeah that is kinda funny how comforting your hometown can be. I think it's funny how much I want to escape from mine yet there is just somethinga bout going back that bring some type of pleasentness.

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review