Welcome To Ashleyland

Welcome back, dear readers, to Ashleyland. It's a bright, sunny day out and Ellsworth AFB is NOT closing. (And there was much rejoicing.)

Funny. I wasn't sure I would actually care when the commission finally made its decision, but when I heard the news this morning I was rather jubilant. Somehow, the fact that I'm calling RC home makes all the difference in the world. (Shocking.) The coolest part is that the whole town was behind this, and I imagine there are some very, very happy people out there today.

After the long day yesterday, I ended up going out with Ashli, Zeeb, and others until far too early in the morning. It was great to see everybody, right up until my alarm went off at 6:15 with the reminder that I had to be back at work in an hour.

There is one definite up to being down here all alone in the lab -- lots of time to think. I realized that 1) I complain about being bored too much and 2) I could fix the boring stuff. I think the term I once heard was "Called to a life of adventure..."

The truth of the whole thing is that you don't have to do something huge to have an adventure. Last night was an adventure. Heck, yesterday as a whole was an adventure. They don't have to be epic; one of those every couple of years should hold me over. This summer was my epic. Now it's time for little, considerably more local adventures.

And the best part of the little adventures? They give you time to plan the next big epic.

Hmmm ... The next big epic ....


Each day I try to enjoy something from each of the four food groups: the bonbon group, the salty-snack group, the caffeine group, and the thing-in-tinfoil-in-the-back-of-the-fridge group.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review